Baxter Blog (and Murphy, too!)

A blog about my cats, Baxter and Murphy, or anything else I feel like discussing.

Monday, February 26, 2007

Happy birthday, Baxter! (With photos, too!)

It occurred to me today that most people who rescue their pets from shelters probably don't know their birthdays. Murphy, for example, was found on the streets of the Bronx (does that give him any street cred?) and no one even knows how old he is. Crazy Cat Lady said three years, his paperwork said one, and the vet estimated somewhere in between.

But Baxter, lucky Baxter, has his birth date written right on his paperwork from the ASPCA, and today makes him two years old. Does this mean I'm now raising a toddler kitty, or do we convert his age to human years (does that work on cats?) to mean that I'm raising some sort of teenage kitty? He's certainly moody like a teenager....

But anyway, how does one celebrate a cat's birthday? I suppose for the "normal," non-obsessed folks, the answer is simply: you don't. But since I clearly don't fit into that category, given the fact that this blog exists in the first place, I've decided to mark the occasion in a few ways:
-Feed him tuna for both breakfast and dinner
-Publicly wish him a happy birthday via this blog (never mind the fact that cats don't use computers)
-Keep a photo record of Baxter through the years
-List my three favorite things about Baxter:
1. The way he follows me, wide-eyed and curious, from room to room
2. His clean/organized eating/bathroom habits (thank you, thank you--I could not deal with two messy cats like Murphy)
3. His special features, such as his "socks" and goatee. So cute.
4. The way he always curls up in the same spot on the bed at night.
Ok, that's four favorite things, but dammit, Baxter is awesome.

And so, without further ado, I present pictures of Baxter on the day I got him (which was shortly after his one year birthday) and Baxter today.

Happy birthday, kitty! And many more!
=^. .^=


Baxter, day 1 (3/4/06)


Baxter, 2nd birthday, 2/26/07


And not to leave out Murphy, because he's cute too (and don't worry--he will have a "birthday observed" in June), here are some bird watching pictures. Did anyone else know this is a two-cat activity? I love how they are both fixated on the same bird.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home