Baxter Blog (and Murphy, too!)

A blog about my cats, Baxter and Murphy, or anything else I feel like discussing.

Friday, September 15, 2006

The $4000 cat

Today I was surprised to learn that scientists have genetically engineered a hypoallergenic cat, which costs $4000. Seriously? I know plenty of people who are allergic to cats. Most of them have therefore grown to hate cats, so I cannot imagine any of them suddenly warming to the idea of a cat that would be perfectly fine allergy-wise, but cost a small fortune.

Then of course my thoughts turned to Baxter and Murphy. This morning I awoke to a small pile of kitty vomit. If I had paid $4000 for either of them, would they still occasionally throw up on my floor in the night? Most likely, yes. Would they still scratch my couch, chew through my computer cords, and track litter all over the place? Yes, yes, and yes. So I ask, why would someone pay $4000 for a cat?

It's almost as confounding as cats using the toilet.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:48 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Did you notice that your hypoallergenic cat will be delivered to you via private courier jet? And that there is a two year waiting list....unless you cough up an additional 2 grand and then it is only two months. What a scam! I wont tell you what I paid for my cats though...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home