Baxter Blog (and Murphy, too!)

A blog about my cats, Baxter and Murphy, or anything else I feel like discussing.

Tuesday, September 05, 2006

See ya kitties. I'm going back to school.

Today I head back to school after taking five years off. I'm going back for my Masters--something I always meant to do and never quite got around to until now. I'll still be working full-time, just taking classes a couple nights a week. But while 90% of my life is staying exactly the same, I feel I've neglected the other 10%.

Currently it's 5 hours until my first class. So far, I have:
-Skimmed the syllabus
-Opened an email account and immediately set it to forward all messages to my personal account

I have not:
-Purchased any supplies (notebooks, pens, etc)
-Found out (besides an address) where my classes are
-Gotten a student ID card
-Attended any sort of orientation

It's weird, this part-time school thing. No dorm of other new students to mingle with; no parents driving you across the country with a car full of all your crap; no pre-school orientation teaching you the need-to-knows of your new university; no wide-eyed discovery of a brand-new city. Needless to say, it doesn't feel quite real.

The real losers in this situation are, of course, Baxter and Murphy. They'll have to wait a long time for dinner tonight, and will hopefully not destroy my house in protest of my new long hours away. Of course, they tried to show their disapproval of my going back to school when they gnawed through the application back in June, hoping it would deter me from applying in the first place. But alas, they were foiled. I'll just hope that they're waiting for me, cute as always, whenever I get home tonight.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home